What we do
Since 1991, OATA has been at the forefront of supporting the retail trade with members ranging from small independent pet shops to larger enterprises. We endeavour to maintain the range of products you can sell, be it the diversity of livestock to the dry goods on your shelves.
What it will cost you
From as little as £2.38 per week (that’s less than a cup of coffee!), you will get the support and inside track on issues that could affect your business and more. And you get the chance to sign up to our scheme to help making getting your pet shop licence simpler. Find out more here.
- OATA protects the interests of your business and gives you stability to effectively plan your business strategy.
- Be the first to obtain knowledge on animal health issues and diseases, and invasive plant issues.
- Make use of our comprehensive and up-to-date library of information including materials on legislation and trade statistics, and our livestock Care Sheets for customers.
- Gain access to a comprehensive range of business benefits that includes discounted card payment processing solutions, insurance, and legal helpline to name just a few.
- Get enhanced credibility and prominence in the marketplace.
- Get access to discounted training programmes that will help to support and motivate your staff to further enhance the welfare of your livestock and help to fulfil the conditions of your Pet Shop Licence application.
- Get full access to all categories in the OATA membership directory.
- Be recognised as a supporter of the aquatic industry; the welfare standards promoted in our Code of Conduct; and the future of the ornamental aquatic trades.
- Get customers coming straight to you – through a dedicated listing and location search on our website.
- Join our pet shop licensing and health & safety primary authority scheme to get extra help and advice
Membership is only open to United Kingdom based Aquatic businesses.
Please enrol me as a provisional member of OATA Ltd. The following is required with this application, A Copy of Your Pet Shop Licence, Public Liability Insurance and a copy of Your Non-Domestic Rate Demand Notice or Letter stating no requirement, the Current fee. The Board Reserves the right to request additional information if required, consisting of, Planning Consent, Certificate of WEEE disposal, Registration with HRMC and reference’s from dry goods and live animal suppliers as appropriate. Full voting membership is confirmed once the signed agreement of the code of conduct and the above documents have been returned to the OATA Office, when a membership pack will be sent to you.