What we do
The import market is of critical importance to the future of the aquatic industry. OATA supports UK importers of livestock and aquatic plants and represents the interests of its members on a global platform to ensure the longevity of the industry and welfare of livestock at all times.
What it will cost you
A levy is collected of 1% of the value of relevant imports declared to Customs for VAT purposes.
- We protect the global supply chain to the UK from reef, river or fish farm to the point of retail sale.
- We robustly fight to maintain the available range of species to be imported.
- We work hard on your behalf to keep things simple – from CITES Certificates to CVEDs.
- Our prominent stance and international recognition gives us the opportunity to represent your views on the world stage.
- Get the latest information on legislation and statistics that could impact upon you and your business.
- Be the first to obtain knowledge on current animal health issues and diseases.
- Enhance your staff’s expertise and knowledge with reduced prices on OATA’s dedicated training packages.
- Gain access to a comprehensive range of benefits that includes discounted card payment processing solutions, insurance, and legal helpline to name just a few.
- Full access to all categories in the OATA membership directory
- Be recognised as an importer who supports the industry; the welfare standards promoted in our Code of Conduct; and the future of the ornamental aquatic trades..
Membership is only open to United Kingdom based Aquatic businesses.